CWO procedure for research projects
To improve the quality of project applications and to increase the chances of obtained external grants, all project proposals that apply for external funding will be reviewed by the CWO. Examples include project applications to charitable organizations, Kika, NWO (including NWO Middelgroot, TOP grant, veni, vidi, vici), ZonMw, as well as European projects, such as ERC starting and advanced grants.
For projects involving 1st money flow: only project proposals for 'instituutspromovendi' must be reviewed and approved by the CWO (using the form in the downloads below).
For research projects that are submitted to KWF a separate procedure applies, which can be found on this website.
- Project proposals must be submitted to the CWO together with the 'accompanying project proposal form' (see downloads at the bottom of this page).
- The project proposal will also be sent to the CCA themeleaders, who will check if the projects strengthen the particular program.
- The CWO CCA evaluates project proposals with regard to the scientific content and feasibility within CCA.
- All project proposals for which external funding is requested (outside VUmc) must be reviewed by the CWO (e.g. KWF, NWO, ZonMw). Extra guidelines regarding submission of KWF research proposals can be found on the CCA website.
- The project proposal.
- Accompanying project proposal form (see downloads below).