During a masterthesis a student works fulltime in the VUmc, for a period of 6-9 months, on his on her assignment. The projects are always on the domain of patient flow and capacity management in which a quantitative approach is taken. We work mostly with students with a technical or (applied) mathematical background.
Overview mastertheses since 2005:
- Workforce planning at clinical wards (2008)
- A mathematical approach for dimensioning clinical wards (2007)
- Optimizing cardiothoracic patient flow and ICU booking policy: a simulation study (2006) - confidential
- The impact of caselength and variation on the feasiblity of occupancy rates of surgical disciplines (2005)
- Control of healthcare processes: logistically homogeneous patientgroups (2005)
In the BMI (Business Mathematics and Informatics) business case a group of bachelor students tackles a problem.
See overview of student papers below (Dutch only).
- Operationele Kennis (M. van Schoonhoven, maart 2004)
- Waiting patiently (A. Hutzschenreuter, januari 2004)
- Operations Research in de Gezondheidszorg (H. Huijser)
At the moment we have a few student assigments available, see overview below:
- Workforce planning at clinical wards - is inmiddels vervuld
- Analyse historische zittingsduren tbv implementatie CS-OK
- Determining shift schedules for an ED department
- Hospital capacity planning
- Impact van leeftijdsopbouw op personeelsplanning op de IC (coming up)
Interested? Send an email to Arnoud de Bruin or call: 020-4443068